The best year for the "dying" LP in recent memory. Thank you 2016. Check out our playlist below.
10) Vanishing Twin - Choose Your Own Adventure: This is an oddball LP that snuck up on me this year. It reminds me of a modern take on Stereolab. Let me know what you think.
9) Kaytranada - 99.9%: Hip hop and electronic music walking hand-in-hand.
8) Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool: How these guys keep putting out great records at their age and after all these years, I have no idea! Could be that many of these songs were written when they were still in their 20's. But these songs are beautiful and crushing!
7) Chance the Rapper - Coloring Book: For the record, he is not calling this his debut album. We might get that next year. The heir to Kanye is off to a great start
6) Kadhja Bonet - The Visitor: As if Billie Holliday or Nina Simone were around in 2016.
5) Bon Iver - 22, A Million: Justin Vernon simply pours his heart into another LP. Everyone is calling this their electronic album but it feels just as acoustic as anything else he's done.
4) Frank Ocean - Blonde: Get's better and better with each listen. I'm convinced that Frank will continue to amaze us as time goes on.
3) David Bowie - Black Star: What can be said about a nearly perfect album from a nearly 70 year old man that was to die three days after it's release? How about FUCKING AMAZING?
2) Anderson .Paak - Malibu: Is it me or was this guy every decent rap song from 2016? This album is probably better than the LP he did with Knxwledge
1) James Blake - The Colour In Anything: Well, I only just liked this album when I first heard it. I thought some gems and some filler. It was definitely too long. Fast forward a month or so and I was like okay, if he just cut it down to ten songs it would be album of the year. Fast forward to a month after that and I was in deep with 17 of the most intense songs of the year.