13) Aphex Twin - "Syro" - Welcome back, Aphex. We couldn't have expected a better more rewarding album from you. You picked up where you left off and that works for us.
12) Shabazz Palaces - "Lese Majesty" - You must spend some serious time with this album before you understand. This thing is unique, poignant and at times, fun.
11) Sylvan Esso - ST - I originally though of this album as a Tune Yards type rip off and though I liked their first LP this didn't take. Eventually it became very interesting and I spent a lot if time with it. Really well done.
10) James Vincent McMorrow - "Post Tropical" - Beautiful, well written, late night love tunes.
9) The Acid - "Liminal"- Dark and twisted sexy and different yet relatable.
8) Run the Jewels - "Run the Jewels 2" - Hip hop as it should be. Fast and furious. RTJ2 is even better than their first. Love that Zack de la Rocha verse.
7) Sharon Van Etten - "Are We There" - Fuck if this thing isn't heartbreaking. I really wish I could put it at number one.
6) Alvvays - ST - Perfect pop rock LP. These songs will get stuck in your head for days, weeks, months.
5) Nick Mulvey - "First Mind" - What a surprise. Just found this guy a month or two ago and I absolutely get it. He sings with soul over a some folky guitar sounds.
4) FKA Twigs - "LP1" - No one else like her. Ever. Such a great voice and vision. I would see her live now if I were you. She is bigger than you think.
3) St Vincent - ST - An album that shows something new with every listen. She has come a long way and hopefully she is not done. Acoustic music in a digital world.
2) Flying Lotus - "Your Dead!" - A jazz/hip hop album about death. You'll never feel sad. Only Happy. Rejoice. Like in this video.
1) Grouper - "Ruins" - See prior year. Even more devastatingly gorgeous tunes. Who makes two albums this good in less than 2 years? Grouper does. Thank you for relaxing me but digging into my brain with every listen.
Below is my best of the year Rdio Playlist: